Training sessions will soon be available for registration!
The Tuesday before the regular conference sessions start, there will be a full day of training courses on PostgreSQL and related topics provided by some of the most popular training companies in the PostgreSQL community.
Each half-day session is offered at a cost of €175 (incl. VAT), and each full-day session at €350 (incl. VAT). This includes:
- Approximately 3.5 hours of instructor-led training for half day sessions, 7 hours for the full-day session
- Lunch (for full day or two half-day training session attendees, not included for single half-day session attendees)
- Coffee breaks to keep the concentration levels up
- A venue in the conference hotel with classroom seating (tables for everyone)
- Course material, if required
All training sessions are held on the Tuesday before the conference. This means that you can either attend the full day session, or one or two of the half day sessions. It is not permitted to switch to a different session once your registration has been confirmed, unless you contact the conference organizers and get confirmation first. Space is strictly limited in each individual session.
Each training course is provided by a third-party which is wholly responsible for the course content. The proceeds of the training are shared between the company providing each course and PostgreSQL Europe.
The following full-day training courses are offered
- PostgreSQL Business Continuity by Gianni Ciolli, 2ndQuadrant
- The PostgreSQL Optimizer and indexes unleashed by Hans-Jürgen Schönig, Cybertec
The following half-day training courses are offered before lunch
- Migration to PostgreSQL by Jean-Christophe Arnu and Nicolas Lutic, Loxodata
- PostgreSQL Security by Boriss Mejias, 2ndQuadrant
The following half-day training courses are offered after lunch
- Implementing your first Postgres extension: from coding to distribution by Burak Yucesoy and Onder Kalaci,
- The "default" postgresql.config, step by step by Ilya Kosmodemiansky, Data Egret
Note! There are overlapping training sessions. You can only attend either the full day course, or one half day course before lunch and/or one after. They are all on the same day, and you cannot freely move between the sessions.
Note! Lunch is included if you attend the full day training or if you attend one training session in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is not included if you only attend a single half-day session. Coffee breaks during the training are of course always included.
If you wish to take a training course, you must register in advance for the sessions you want when you register for the conference. If you have already registered for the conference, training sessions can be added to your existing registration as an additional option. Go to registration and click "Register" to add trainings to your registration. Space is limited, so book early to avoid disappointment!